History

Inspired by the noble dream of the great visionary Param Pujya Swami Chinmayanandaji “To Chisel a bright prospect for future citizens by imparting education with a vision” , His devotees of Tarapur Chinmaya Mission Centre envisaged the plan of establishing ‘ a school with difference' in 1993.

This righteous thought was instantaneously put into action. Gurudev blessed the noble project by sanctioning Rs. 1 lakh towards the initial expenses.

The first phase of the construction of the Vidyalaya building commenced in 1994 in the presence of Param Pujya Swami Tejomaynandaji. H. H. Swami Purushottamanandaji inaugurated the school on 18 June 1995.

Chinmaya Vidyalaya is located at Boisar about 100 km north of Mumbai on western railway. The institution is affiliated to CBSE, Delhi in the year 2003

This Vidyalaya is the first school to be established by Chinmaya Mission in Maharashtra – Gujarat – Goa zone. It is commendable to note that the Vidyalaya which started with 72 students in the year1995 is now a full fledged educational institution with 1400 students on roll.

The Vidyalaya promotes an agile education strategy (Chinmaya Vision Programme) that integrates Value Education with academics and facilitates of a child's personality.

Log In